Friday, January 6, 2012

December 2011 sales report


December was my 15th month selling ebooks. I have sold a total of 13,397 books (about 300 given away free) and earned over $12,200 in royalties.

This month I sold 583 copies (plus 300 given away free) of 7 different titles. Without counting the freebies, my sales volume increased about 10% over November.


My royalties increased from $612 to $734.


Average sales per day increase from 17.7 to 18.3 (not counting freebies). With freebies, sales per day were 28.5.


I'm starting to see a correlation in the graph from Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 and Oct/Nov/Dec 2011. If you look at the monthly royalties chart above, you can see that the yellow line has the similar incline across those months. A slight increase from Oct to Nov, and then a greater increase from Nov to Dec. Will January show the same trend? We shall see.

On the daily unit sales chart you can see the massive spike around Christmas time. That’s when I put a couple books up for free. Derek’s Rhyming Riddles #1 was free for one day (and downloaded 96 times), while Derek’s Rhyming Riddles #2Christmas Riddles was free for 4 days (and downloaded 201 times).

Was this free giveaway a success? I’ve only sold a couple dozen more copies of the Riddle books so far, but I’m hoping as people get through the freebies they’ll come back for more.

I’ll be releasing the sequel to The Elemental Odyssey in a week or so. I’m very interested to see if my first full-length sequel will buoy the sales of the previous book.

7 comments:

  1. I'd suspect you'll get a nice bump in sales with the further proliferation of tablet devices this holiday season. I don't know how you'd do it, but if there were any way to get somebody to make an kids' adventure game ap with your characters, that would be an excellent way to get your stuff out there. One of my nephews had a little army of Angry Bird plush dolls, and I wouldn't doubt he'd read an angry bird book if could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek - have you much experience with KDP Select? Any thoughts or advice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, Derek, thanks for sharing your data and observations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for sharing the information with the rest of us. It is very interesting to see if there will be a bump with all the extra e-readers out there.

    Have you many any marketing plans for your books in the new year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a repeat of the thanks for the information. It helps to see the success of others in a similar situation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?




    E Publishing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pro Dissertation Writing is here to provide quality Best Dissertation Writing Services in UK to help students getting over the pressure situation.Pro Dissertation Writing is one of the best Top UK Writing Services providing companies based in the United Kingdom. We are offering our dedicated services for over a decade, ensuring to deliver the best quality academic writing dissertation drafts.

    ReplyDelete