Monday, February 6, 2012

January 2012 sales report

January was my 16th month selling ebooks.

I sold 484 copies of 8 different titles. Without counting the freebies, my sales volume decreased by about 17% from December.




On the other hand, my royalties increased by 28% from $721 to $925. This is mostly due to a 168% royalty increase for Dead Dwarves Don’t Dance. I raised the price from 99 cents to $3.99 and I’m making a lot more money. I’ll talk about that later this week.



Average sales per day decreased from 18.3 (not counting freebies) to 15.6. Average daily royalties went from $23 to $30.

  

I also have some data on the KDP Select program. I put Format Your eBook for Kindle in One Hour in the program and I’ll report on it later.

4 comments:

  1. Derek, thanks for sharing this information. We all appreciate it. I'd share mine, too, if I ever get out of single digits! LOL.
    I'll be interested to see your thoughts on KDP Select.
    Review upcoming on Where Magic Reigns, this week, I hope.
    More good words for artist Les Petersen, if your readers are looking for a cover artist. His response time and courtesy are still the very best, I recommend him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek,

    It's good to see your royalties heading in the right direction. :)

    I raised a few prices in January, too. I'm more and more convinced that as the market matures charging rock-bottom prices is going to do more harm than good. Of course, I'm Mr. Uber-newb with a 20th or your sales, so take that with a grain of salt. :)

    That said, I put a novelette into KDP Select also and had some modest success with it. I'll be interested to hear more about how it worked out for you, too.

    Thanks again for being open about how things are going. :)

    Michael Kingswood

    Masters of the Sun - Post Apocalyptic Fantasy Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice that you shared such information. Your blog has got very useful information on E-publishing & E-books. Keep posting! My best wishes for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pro Dissertation Writing is here to provide quality Best Dissertation Writing Services in UK to help students getting over the pressure situation.Pro Dissertation Writing is one of the best Top UK Writing Services providing companies based in the United Kingdom. We are offering our dedicated services for over a decade, ensuring to deliver the best quality academic writing dissertation drafts.

    ReplyDelete