Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Where have I gone?

It's been a very long time since I've done any posting. I'm guessing most of you thought I'd fallen off the planet. Truth is, back in 2012 my day job got very busy and very stressful, and it drained all my fiction writing juices.

On top of that, I started a second job designing board games.

So, I haven't had much time or energy to work on my novels. I definitely want to get back to it, but I'm not sure when that will be.

In the meantime, my first board game just launched today on Kickstarter. Click here to go see it.



The game is called Slaughterball! It's a competitive board game simulating a ferocious future sport where 2-4 teams of genetically-engineered super-athletes clash in a remorseless steel pit. You roll dice, play cards, and move plastic athletes around a very cool thematic board.

And did I mention it's set in the same universe as Dead Dwarves Don't Dance? Yep, it is. There will even be an exclusive piece for Kickstarter backers depicting none other than Noose.

If you like board games, or just want to see what I've been working on for the last few years in secret, you should go check out the Slaughterball Kickstarter page.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you’re okay and not pushing up daisies. Where’s Zora on your calendar?
    Thanks for posting again.
    Darn 'no edit' feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's really awesome and Slaughterball looks cool. I play plenty of board games, but haven't had the chance to play anything like that. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're still around. My kids asked me the other day when we're going to find out what happens next to those kids in Tales of Zura? PS I've found your book to be invaluable for formatting Kindle releases so thanks for that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all!
    I'm 50% done with the draft of the Dwarf sequel. Zura will be after that. Maybe publish in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I started my post university career designing a board game too, Galactic Destiny. It flopped commercially, but the follow up black satire card game, Kill The Hippies did very well. I am currently formatting my first ebook on WB Yeats to release this month. Doing a promotional webinar on the 29th and just want to say a bit THANK YOU to all your posts and valuable information.

    You have been invaluable. My deepest gratitude.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luckily came to your place.
    Hope to connect with all EBooks Authors helping each others.
    http://amazonebooksbase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apartment for Rent

    Description
    - Property ID: P-000083
    – Location: Daun Penh
    – Price: $ 600/m
    – Bed/Bath: 3 beds / 4 Baths
    – Stories: 2nd
    – Fully Furnished
    – Description: The Apartment for Rent is located in a very pleasant area, quiet and safe, great neighbors. There are fully furnished, Luxury, 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, big living room, kitchen, 2 balconies, A/C, washing machine and parking just across the road.
    real estate in cammbodia
    http://www.century21.com.kh/properties/apartment-for-rent-4/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! keep preaching us such a valuable information.

    ReplyDelete

  10. What an awesome post, I just read it from start to end. Learned something new after a long time.


    SAP FICO Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s really amazing that we can record what our visitors do on our site. Thanks for sharing this awesome guide. I’m happy that I came across with your site this article is on point,thanks again and have a great day. Keep update more information..

    App store optimization services in Chennai

    ReplyDelete