Thursday, June 23, 2011

I earn an extra $10 on Day 1 of JK Rowling's self-publishing announcement

Joe Konrath has a good post and discussion going on his blog about JK Rowling announcing that she'll be self-publishing her Harry Potter series in ebook format.

This announcement has boosted UK sales of my book How to Format Your Ebook for Kindle in One Hour 350%-700% today.

In the UK I usually sell 0-2 books per day.

Today, I've sold 7 copies in the UK.



So, thanks a lot JK Rowling! You've already earned me an extra $10. :)

And, self-publishing authors everywhere should thank her. This is nothing but good news for all us epublishing folks.

4 comments:

  1. I saw where you posted this on Konrath's site. Good for you! I get the feeling this move by Rowling is about to push another large group of authors into the Indie business. I have a friend who's been a hold-out because he didn't feel Indie publishing was legitimate. He's also a huge Harry Potter fan. I can't wait to talk to him and hear if his opinions have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible news for all authors. While many are 'tied around the axle' on the specifics of the mechanics of JK Rowling's ebooks, the fact is this will pull a whole generation over to ebooks.

    My impression is that ebooks is 'transferring over' from pbooks one genre at a time. First it was the genres that have 'controversial covers:' romance, sci-fi, erotica, horror/thriller, etc.

    JK brings over the YA market.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see the wealth is being shared. Big Grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pro Dissertation Writing is here to provide quality Best Dissertation Writing Services in UK to help students getting over the pressure situation.Pro Dissertation Writing is one of the best Top UK Writing Services providing companies based in the United Kingdom. We are offering our dedicated services for over a decade, ensuring to deliver the best quality academic writing dissertation drafts.

    ReplyDelete