This will be a not-for-profit project. We’ll donate the proceeds to a yet-to-be-determined charity (probably literacy or library oriented).
We’ve got ten authors so far, writing in the following genres:Kevin Mclaughlin - SF or fantasy
Tara Maya - SF?
Edward L. Cote - fantasy
Manley Peterson - paranormal
Tony Lavely - romantic fantasy
BC Woods - fantasy
John Hartness - urban fantasy
Kelly Gorman - ?
Brian Drake - paranormal mystery
Derek J. Canyon - SF
We’d still like to get a couple more authors involved, so comment below if you are interested in joining the project.
For those of us already listed, we need to determine the following:
- We’ll need a messageboard or some other way to communicate so we can track our discussions. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- What should the title be? Ed has suggested Twelve Worlds. Sounds catchy, with a sub-title of some kind. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Like, The Twelve Worlds Project – A dozen stories from a dozen independent ebook authors. Throw any suggestion you’d like into the pot.
- Should we restrict the genres? Or allow anything?
- Where do we get the cover art? Do we want to spend any money on it? Can any of us do it?
- What word count limits/requirements do we want. Something between 3,000 and 7,000?
- Do we want to pay for an editor? Or, should we all edit each others’ work?
- What deadline should we target for turning in the unedited drafts, and then the publishable versions? Two months?
- Which charity should we select? Any suggestions? I’d like to choose one where the majority of the donation actually gets to the recipients.
- I can handle the formatting and publishing for Kindle, Smashwords, and PubIt.
What else have I missed?We’ll need volunteers to handle some of these items, so if you’d like to handle any of the tasks, speak up.